transitive verb-·ran′, -·run′, -·run′ning
to run again
- the act of rerunning
- a rebroadcast of a TV program, series, etc.
- a showing of a film after the first run
- such a program, film, etc.
The act or an instance of rebroadcasting a recorded movie or a recorded television performance.
transitive verbre·ran, re·run, re·run·ning, re·runs
To present a rerun of.
- (US) A television program shown after its initial presentation "” particularly many weeks after its initial presentation; a repeat.
- (politics) A political candidate who holds the same political agenda or doctrine as a past or incumbent holder of a given political office.
- (computing) A second or subsequent run of a program.
- Each rerun of the algorithm takes several minutes.
(third-person singular simple present reruns, present participle rerunning, simple past reran, past participle rerun)
- To run (a previously broadcast television program) again.
- To run (a race) again.
- To run (a computer program) again.
re- +"Ž run