Amy reluctantly left Sylvia at the daycare even though she knew her daughter would be well cared for.
Reluctantly is defined as doing something against your will, or with opposition.
An example of something done reluctantly is going to the doctor to get a shot.
- I reluctantly descended the stairs, smiling but unsure what to say.
- She reluctantly pushed his hands away.
- Reluctantly she pulled away, her pulse and respiration in a race.
- Dean reluctantly agreed it was a clever idea even though he thought it was a waste of time.
- Finally, Howie reluctantly agreed to wait a couple of days and see how the situation played out.