- Present participle of rehearse.
Variant of rehearse
transitive verbrehearsed, rehearsing
- to repeat aloud as heard or read; recite
- to tell in detail; narrate or describe in sequence and at length
- to perform (a play, concert, etc.) for practice, in preparation for a public or formal performance
- to repeat or practice as if rehearsing: to rehearse an alibi
- to drill or train (a person) by rehearsal
Origin of rehearseMiddle English rehercen ; from Old French rehercer, literally , to harrow again ; from re-, again + hercer, to harrow ; from herce, a harrow: see hearse
to rehearse a play, concert, etc.