Variant of rehearse
- to repeat aloud as heard or read; recite
- to tell in detail; narrate or describe in sequence and at length
- to perform (a play, concert, etc.) for practice, in preparation for a public or formal performance
- to repeat or practice as if rehearsing: to rehearse an alibi
- to drill or train (a person) by rehearsal
Origin: Middle English rehercen from Old French rehercer, literally , to harrow again from re-, again plush hercer, to harrow from herce, a harrow: see hearse
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.