- The definition of a referral is the act of telling someone about the positive features of a person or a business, or the person who is being referred.
- An example of a referral is telling someone why a certain person or business would be a good relationship for them to consider.
- An example of a referral is a patient who has come to see a doctor based on the recommendation of another medical professional.
- a referring or being referred, as for professional service, etc.
- a person who is referred or directed to another person, an agency, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.