- An example of a referral is telling someone why a certain person or business would be a good relationship for them to consider.
- An example of a referral is a patient who has come to see a doctor based on the recommendation of another medical professional.
The definition of a referral is the act of telling someone about the positive features of a person or a business, or the person who is being referred.
- a referring or being referred, as for professional service, etc.
- a person who is referred or directed to another person, an agency, etc.
- The act or process of transferring someone or something to another, of sending by reference, or referring.
- The insurance company insists I get a referral from my regular doctor, I can't just go to the specialist, a GP has got to refer me.
- (slang) A document used by schools detailing some form of a student's misbehavior and listing the actions taken before and after the student's receipt of the referral.
- After misbehaving in class, George was given a referral for disrupting class and sent to the office.
refer +"Ž -al