- To drop in is defined as to come to visit or go to a place for only a brief period of time, often unexpectedly.
An example of drop in is when you are in the neighborhood of an old friend and you decide to ring her bell and say hello.
- providing treatment, information, or other services to those who drop in without appointment or referral: a drop-in center for the homeless
- designed for easy insertion and immediate use: a drop-in film cartridge
- One who casually drops in, as to visit or obtain an appointment.
- An informal social event.
- one who casually drops in.
- informal social event
drop-in - Computer Definition
An extraneous bit on a magnetic medium that was not intentionally written, due to a surface defect or recording malfunction.