After many years of deforestation, there was a reclamation of the land with the planting of pine saplings.
- An example of a reclamation is how landfill employees sift through garbage to find usable items.
- An example of a reclamation is trees growing on land that was heavily logged.
- a reclaiming or being reclaimed; esp., the recovery of wasteland, desert, etc. by ditching, filling, or irrigating
- the process or industry of obtaining useful materials from waste products
Origin of reclamationFrench réclamation from Classical Latin reclamatio
- The act or process of reclaiming.
- A restoration, as to productivity, usefulness, or morality.
Origin of reclamationMiddle English reclamacion from Old French reclamation from Latin reclāmātiō reclāmātiōn- cry of opposition from reclāmātus past participle of reclāmāre to exclaim against ; see reclaim .