After many years of deforestation, there was a reclamation of the land with the planting of pine saplings.
- An example of a reclamation is how landfill employees sift through garbage to find usable items.
- An example of a reclamation is trees growing on land that was heavily logged.
Reclamation is the process of getting something useful from waste, or getting something back that was previously thought of as waste.
- a reclaiming or being reclaimed; esp., the recovery of wasteland, desert, etc. by ditching, filling, or irrigating
- the process or industry of obtaining useful materials from waste products
Origin of reclamationFrench réclamation from Classical Latin reclamatio
- The act or process of reclaiming.
- A restoration, as to productivity, usefulness, or morality.
Origin of reclamationMiddle English reclamacion from Old French reclamation from Latin reclāmātiō reclāmātiōn- cry of opposition from reclāmātus past participle of reclāmāre to exclaim against ; see reclaim .