- Rare square
- Algebra involving a quantity or quantities that are squared but not raised to a higher power
Origin of quadraticquadrate + -ic
Algebra a quadratic term, expression, or equation
Of, relating to, or containing quantities of the second degree.
Origin of quadraticFrom quadrate.
- (mathematics) of a polynomial, involving the second power (square) of a variable but no higher powers, as .
- (mathematics) of an equation, of the form .
- (mathematics) of a function, of the form .
- (mathematics) A quadratic polynomial, function or equation.
Confer French quadratique.