- Pried is defined as the action of having gotten too deeply involved in other people's personal affairs or to the action of having pulled something open with force.
- When you read your friend's diary and listened into personal conversations she had with her spouse, this is an example of a time when you pried your way into her life.
- When the wood around your door swelled because of humidity and you could not get the door open without yanking really, really hard on it, this is an example of a time when you pried the door open.
Past tense and past participle of pry1.
Past tense and past participle of pry2.
- Simple past tense and past participle of pry.
- pride, riped
Variant of pry
- a tool for raising or moving something by leverage; lever, crowbar, etc.
Origin of pryback-formation ; from prize