- Price tag is something that indicates the price being charged for an item.
- An example of price tag is a sticker saying that a shirt costs $10.99.
- Something that is not for sale for any amount of money (like love) is an example of an item on which you cannot put a price tag.
price tag definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a tag, as on an item of merchandise, indicating the price
- the price of something: often used figuratively: heavy smoking carries a price tag
price tag definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A label attached to a piece of merchandise indicating its price.
- The cost of something.