- a small wheel with variously colored vanes of paper, plastic, etc., pinned to a stick so as to revolve in the wind
- a fireworks device that revolves and throws off colored lights when set off
to rotate as a pinwheel does; whirl; spin
- A toy consisting of vanes of colored paper or plastic pinned to a stick so that they revolve when blown on.
- A firework that forms a rotating wheel of colored flames. Also called catherine wheel .
- A wheel with a circle of pins at right angles to its face, used as a tripping device.
(third-person singular simple present pinwheels, present participle pinwheeling, simple past and past participle pinwheeled)
- To spin.
- The damaged fighter jet pinwheeled out of control, the g forces pushing the pilot so hard he couldn't reach the ejection switch.