- of or like a parasite; living at the expense of others
- caused by parasites, as a disease
- of or designating a subsidiary volcano, crater, etc. that forms on the side of another one
Origin of parasiticClassical Latin parasiticus from Classical Greek parasitikos
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a parasite.
- Caused by a parasite: parasitic diseases.
- (computing) Component of a circuit that does not show up in a circuit's schematic but does show up in the circuit's behavior.
parasite +"Ž -ic