- An example of something parabolic is the lesson in Jesus' tale of the Good Samaritan.
- An example of something parabolic is a sattaline dish.
Origin of parabolicLate Latin parabolicus ; from Late Greek parabolikos
- of or like a parabola
- bowl-shaped, as a reflector, antenna, or microphone, so that sections parallel to the plane of symmetry are parabolas
- Of or similar to a parable.
- Of or having the form of a parabola or paraboloid.
Origin of parabolicUltimately from Greek parabol&emacron;, comparison; see parable. Sense 2, from parabola.