- clear, strong, and deep; resonant: said of the voice
- bombastic or pompous: said of a style of speaking or writing
Origin of orotund; from Classical Latin ore rotundo, literally , with a round mouth: see oral and amp; rotund
- Pompous and bombastic: orotund talk.
- Full in sound; sonorous: orotund tones.
Origin of orotundFrom alteration of Latin &omacron;re rotund&omacron;, with a round mouth : &omacron;re, ablative of &omacron;s, mouth; see &omacron;s- in Indo-European roots + rotund&omacron;, ablative of rotundus, round; see rotund.
(comparative more orotund, superlative most orotund)
- Characterized by fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound.
- Pompous; bombastic