- clear, strong, and deep; resonant: said of the voice
- bombastic or pompous: said of a style of speaking or writing
Origin of orotundfrom Classical Latin ore rotundo, literally , with a round mouth: see oral and rotund
- Pompous and bombastic: orotund talk.
- Full in sound; sonorous: orotund tones.
Origin of orotundFrom alteration of Latin ōre rotundō with a round mouth ōre ablative of ōs mouth ; see ōs- in Indo-European roots. rotundō ablative of rotundus round ; see rotund .
(comparative more orotund, superlative most orotund)
- Characterized by fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound.
- Pompous; bombastic