- contending individually against a single opposing player
- in direct, personal confrontation
a game, sport, etc. in which one individual competes against another individual
- Consisting of or being direct communication or exchange between two people: one-on-one instruction.
- Sports Playing directly or exclusively against a single opponent.
(comparative more one-on-one, superlative most one-on-one)
- A contest involving only one player on each side, especially of an activity often involving teams.
- Why don't we play a little one-on-one until the others show up.
- He was willing to go one-on-one with the District Attorney himself.
- Alternative form of one-on-one.