- A member of the top one percent of a population by wealth, ability, etc. (same as the ninety-ninth percentile); especially in a society with high wealth inequality.
- (comedy) An esoteric joke which is unlikely to be appreciated by a general audience.
- One who seeks or is granted honor far greater than their perceived contribution would warrant.
- One who wishes to be recognized for an idea without putting forth the "ninety-nine percent perspiration" needed to implement that idea.
- An outlaw biker, such as a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club.
one + percent + -er. After Thomas Edison: "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." The motorcycling sense comes from a supposed 1948 statement by the American Motorcycle Association that ninety-nine percent of motorcyclists are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.