- a person or thing that thrusts
- any of a set of maneuvering rockets on a spacecraft or high-altitude airplane, as for controlling its attitude for reentry
- A person or thing that thrusts.
- A device that imparts thrust, such as a small rocket engine used to adjust the course or attitude of a spacecraft in flight.
- One who thrusts or stabs.
- A device for propelling an object, especially a spacecraft or a ship (marine vessel).
- (nautical) A bow thruster.
- (surfing) A surfboard (usually a shortboard) with three fins of approximately equal size, one centred at the back, one on each side about 25cm forward and out near the rails.
The surfboard sense was coined by Simon Anderson, who created the design in 1980. The name was almost immediately applied generically to any surfboard with that fin design, not just boards made by him. (He never patented the design or trademarked the name.)