ocular[äk′yo̵̅o̅ lər, -yə-]
- of, for, or like the eye
- by eyesight: an ocular demonstration
Origin: LL ocularis from Classical Latin oculus, eye
- ocularly adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Of or relating to the eye: ocular exercises; ocular muscles.b. Resembling the eye in form or function: ocular spots; an ocular organ.
- Of or relating to the sense of sight: an ocular aberration.
- Seen by the eye; visual: ocular proof.
Origin: Late Latin oculāris, from Latin oculus, eye; see okw- in Indo-European roots.
ocular - Medical Definition
- Of or relating to the eye or the sense of sight.
- Resembling the eye in form or function.
ocular - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.