- The definition of optical is having to do with sight or light.
An example of optical used as an adjective is in the phrase "optical illusion," which means an illusion that tricks the eyes.
optical definition by Webster's New World
- of or connected with the sense of sight; visual; ocular
- of the relation between light and vision
- having to do with optics
- for aiding vision
- optically adverb
optical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to sight; visual: an optical defect.
- Designed to assist sight: optical instruments.
- Of or relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light: optical astronomy.
- Using light-sensitive devices.
- opˈti·cal·ly adverb
optical - Computer Definition
In physics, relating to the study of light in the infrared (IR), visible, and ultraviolet (UV) regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. See also electromagnetic spectrum, IR, light, UV, and visible light.
optical - Science Definition
- Relating to vision or the eyes.
- Relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light.