The definition of optical is having to do with sight or light.
An example of optical used as an adjective is in the phrase "optical illusion," which means an illusion that tricks the eyes.
- of or connected with the sense of sight; visual; ocular
- of the relation between light and vision
- having to do with optics
- for aiding vision
- Of or relating to sight; visual: an optical defect.
- Designed to assist sight: optical instruments.
- Of or relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light: optical astronomy.
- Using light-sensitive devices.
(comparative more optical, superlative most optical)
- Of, or relating to sight; visual
- Strabismus is an optical defect.
- Designed to assist or enhance sight
- A microscope is an optical instrument.
- Of, or relating to optics
- Refraction is an optical effect.
- Of, or relating to visible light
- Optical telescopes don't work when it is cloudy.
- Incorporating light-sensitive devices
- An optical switch opens the door automatically.
optic +"Ž -al