An example of optical used as an adjective is in the phrase "optical illusion," which means an illusion that tricks the eyes.
- of or connected with the sense of sight; visual; ocular
- of the relation between light and vision
- having to do with optics
- for aiding vision
- Of or relating to sight; visual: an optical defect.
- Designed to assist sight: optical instruments.
- Of or relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light: optical astronomy.
- Using light-sensitive devices.
(comparative more optical, superlative most optical)
- Of, or relating to sight; visual
- Strabismus is an optical defect.
- Designed to assist or enhance sight
- A microscope is an optical instrument.
- Of, or relating to optics
- Refraction is an optical effect.
- Of, or relating to visible light
- Optical telescopes don't work when it is cloudy.
- Incorporating light-sensitive devices
- An optical switch opens the door automatically.
optic +"Ž -al