nuzzle definition by Webster's New World
- to push against or rub with the nose, snout, muzzle, etc.
- to root up with the nose or snout: said of a pig, etc.
Origin: Middle English noselen ; from nose, nose plush frequentative -elen
- to push or rub with the nose, etc. against or into something
- to lie close; nestle; snuggle
- nuzzler noun
nuzzle definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb nuz·zled, nuz·zling, nuz·zles verb, transitive
- To rub or push against gently with or as if with the nose or snout: stroked and nuzzled the kitten.
- To root or move with the snout.
- To make rubbing or pressing motions with or as if with the nose or snout.
- To nestle together.
Origin: Middle English noselen, to bend down, perhaps back-formation from noselyng, on the face, prostrate, from nose, nose; see nose.
- nuzˈzler noun