- the direction, or the point on a mariner's compass, halfway between north and east; 45° east of due north
- a district or region in or toward this direction
- in, of, to, toward, or facing the northeast
- from the northeast: a northeast wind
in or toward the northeast
the NE part of the U.S., sometimes including New York City; esp., New England
- Abbr. NE The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and due east, or 45° east of due north.
- An area or region lying in the northeast.
- Northeast A region of the northeast United States, generally including the New England states, New York, and sometimes Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the northeast.
- Originating in or coming from the northeast: a northeast wind.
In, from, or toward the northeast.