The definition of multipurpose is something with multiple uses.
A tool that converts from a screwdriver to a drill and that can be used for many different things is an example of a multipurpose tool.
Designed or used for several purposes: a multipurpose room; multipurpose software.
- The blades include a stainless steel multipurpose one for large chopping, mixing and pureeing jobs, a mini stainless steel blade for the four-cup bowl and a plastic dough blade that mimics hand kneading of yeast dough.
- While some people prefer to make handmade cards as they are needed, others create a stash of multipurpose cards that they can keep on hand to avoid making last minute trips to the stationery store.
- At prAna, there's an extensive selection of men's and women's clothing, much of which is multipurpose, so you can go straight from the rock face into your Vinyasa class.
- The seven-cup style is considerably more limited and includes one bowl, one stainless steel multipurpose blade and one disc adaptable for both slicing and shredding.
- The Hamilton Beach MealMaker Express Grill is a multipurpose electric grill capable of preparing various meals, including breakfast, lunch, or dinner.