- An example of the multi- prefix is multicolored, something with many colors.
- An example of the multi- prefix is multilingual, someone who speaks more than one language.
Multi is defined as many or more than one.
- having, consisting of, or affecting many: multifold
- more than two, or, sometimes, more than one: multilateral, multiparous
- many times over: multimillionaire
Origin of multi-Classical Latin ; from multus, much, many ; from Indo-European base an unverified form mel-, strong, big from source Classical Greek mala, very
- Many; much; multiple: multicolored.
- a. More than one: multiparous.b. More than two: multilateral.
Origin of multi-Middle English, from Old French, from Latin, from multus, much, many; see mel-2 in Indo-European roots.