- The definition of moribund is someone or something that is near death or that is lacking in life and vitality.
An example of moribund is a description you would use for someone who is on his death bed and about to pass away.
- coming to an end
- having little or no vital force left
Origin of moribundClassical Latin moribundus, dying ; from mori, to die: see mortal
- Approaching death; about to die.
- On the verge of becoming obsolete: moribund customs; a moribund way of life.
Origin of moribundLatin moribundus, from morī, to die; see mer- in Indo-European roots.
- A person who is near to dying.
From Latin moribundus (â€œdyingâ€)