The definition of monotheistic is something that relates to the belief that there is only one God.
An example of a monotheistic religion is Christianity.
- 2 Historians have usually recognized only three monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
- To the wants of a virtually monotheistic community is in the highest degree remarkable.
- What weighed most with Sabellius was the monotheistic interest.
- Moslems and Jews were applying Aristotelian philosophy to rigorously monotheistic faiths; Christianity had been encouraged by Platonism in teaching a trinity of divine persons, and Platonism of a certain order long dominated the middle ages as part of the Augustinian tradition.
- The book is absolutely monotheistic, and the character ascribed to the deity is ethically pure with the exception mentioned above.