- An example of a misfit is a size 16 woman in a size 12 dress.
- An example of a misfit is the weird kid at school who no one will talk to because he is a little bit odd.
The definition of a misfit is someone or something that doesn't fit in, or that is different from the rest.
intransitive verb-·fit′ted, -·fit′ting
to fit badly
- the act or condition of misfitting
- anything that misfits, as a badly fitting garment
- a person not suited to a job, associates, etc.
- a socially maladjusted person
- One who is unable to adjust to one's environment or circumstances or is considered to be awkwardly different from others.
- Archaic Something, especially a garment, that does not fit properly.
(third-person singular simple present misfits, present participle misfitting, simple past and past participle misfitted)
- (intransitive) To fit badly.
- His suit was misfitted and looked awkward.
From mis- +"Ž fit.