The definition of a misfit is someone or something that doesn't fit in, or that is different from the rest.noun
- An example of a misfit is a size 16 woman in a size 12 dress.
- An example of a misfit is the weird kid at school who no one will talk to because he is a little bit odd.
- the act or condition of misfitting
- anything that misfits, as a badly fitting garment
- a person not suited to a job, associates, etc.; maladjusted person
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Something of the wrong size or shape for its purpose.
- One who is unable to adjust to one's environment or circumstances or is considered to be disturbingly different from others.