- Dropout is defined as someone who doesn’t finish something such as school.
An example of dropout is a high school student who withdrew after three years.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. One who quits school.b. One who has withdrawn from a given social group or environment.
- Computer Science a. A segment of magnetic tape on which expected information is absent.b. The failure to read a bit of stored information.
dropout - Computer Definition
(1) On magnetic media, a bit that has lost its strength due to a surface defect or recording malfunction. If the bit is in an audio or video file, it might be detected by the error correction circuitry and either corrected or not, but if not, it is often not noticed by the human ear or eye.
(2) In data transmission, a momentary loss of signal that is due to system malfunction or excessive noise.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.