An example of dropout is a high school student who withdrew after three years.
- a. One who quits school.b. One who has withdrawn from a given social group or environment.
- a. A segment of a recording device, such as a magnetic tape or optical disk, that is damaged or unreadable.b. The loss of an audio or video signal.
dropout - Computer Definition
(1) On magnetic media, a bit that has lost its strength due to a surface defect or recording malfunction. If the bit is in an audio or video file, it might be detected by the error correction circuitry and either corrected or not, but if not, it is often not noticed by the human ear or eye.
(2) In data transmission, a momentary loss of signal that is due to system malfunction or excessive noise.
- The high school dropout rate for children with learning disabilities is almost 40 percent.
- His debut rap album, The College Dropout, was released in 2004, earning him a number of awards, including a Grammy award for Best Rap album, setting the stage for a string of hit albums to follow.
- The effects of parental divorce have been linked to phenomena as diverse as emotional and behavioral problems, school dropout rates, crime rates, physical and sexual abuse, and physical health.
- Starting as a dropout from high school at the age of 17, Wallace started making his living on the streets of Brooklyn where he lived selling crack cocaine.
- College Dropout - Released in 2004, this was Kanye West's official debut album and won "Best Rap Album" at the 2005 Grammy Awards.