A woman wearing mauve lipstick.
- The definition of mauve is something that is a pale/purplish pink color with gray overtones.
A pale purplish/pink flower is an example of something that would be described as a mauve flower.
- Mauve is defined as a pale purplish/pink color with gray overtones.
An example of mauve is a pale/purplish pink lipstick.
- a purple dye and pigment that is produced by oxidizing aniline, used for wool, silk, etc.
- any of several shades of delicate purple
Origin of mauveFrench mallow ; from Classical Latin malva, mallow: from the color of the mallow
Origin of mauveFrench, from Old French mallow, from Latin malva; see mallow.
(comparative more mauve, superlative most mauve)
- having a pale purple colour.