A couple enjoying a massage.
- The definition of a massage is a therapy where a person rubs the muscles of another person to stimulate circulation and relieve tension.
An example of a massage is a Swedish massage.
- Massage is defined as to rub or knead with the hands, or to manipulate or slightly change the way something will be seen to achieve a different result.
- An example of massage is to rub someone’s shoulders when they are anxious.
- An example of massage is to change the numbers in an annual report to make a business appear to be doing better than it actually is.
Origin of massageFrench ; from masser, to massage ; from Arabic massa, to touch
- to give a massage to
- Informal to alter or manipulate (data, ideas, etc.) so as to obtain a desired result: the PR department massaged the actor's bio
- The rubbing or kneading of parts of the body especially to aid circulation, relax the muscles, or provide sensual stimulation.
- An act or instance of such rubbing or kneading.
transitive verbmas·saged, mas·sag·ing, mas·sag·es
- To give a massage to.
- To treat by means of a massage.
- To coddle or cajole.
- To manipulate (data, for example): Pollsters massaged the numbers to favor their candidate.
Origin of massageFrench, from masser, to massage, from Arabic masa&hlowdot;a, to stroke, anoint; see mš&hlowdot; in Semitic roots or massa, to touch; see mšš in Semitic roots.
(third-person singular simple present massages, present participle massaging, simple past and past participle massaged)
massage - Computer Definition
To process data.