A newly married couple.
- An example of married is a woman who has a husband.
- An example of married is the last name of a husband that a woman usually takes after marriage.
The definition of married is having a spouse or something related to the state of marriage.
- living together as spouses; joined in wedlock
- having a spouse
- of marriage or married people; connubial; conjugal
- closely or intimately joined
a married person: chiefly in young marrieds
- a. Having a spouse: a married woman; a married man.b. United in matrimony: a married couple.
- a. Of or relating to the state of marriage: married bliss.b. Acquired through marriage: her married name.
- Closely connected; united.
nounpl. marrieds, or married
A married person: young marrieds.
- Simple past tense and past participle of marry.
- A married person.
- My plan is to wait to have sex until i'm married.
marry + -ed