- Malpractice is defined as behavior or conduct by a professional that is improper or causes injury.
When a doctor misdiagnoses a patient and the patient dies, this is an example ofmalpractice.
- injurious or unprofessional treatment or culpable neglect of a patient by a physician or surgeon
- misconduct or improper practice in any professional or official position
- Performance, as by a physician or lawyer, that falls below the professional minimum standard of care or service for a patient or client, especially when legally actionable because an injury or loss has been suffered by the patient or client.
- An instance of such performance.
malpractice - Legal Definition
The negligent actions of a professional, such as a doctor or lawyer, as evinced by a failure to perform services consistent with the standards of such profession.