- persistent, intense ill will or desire to harm others; great malice
- the quality of being very harmful or dangerous; malignancy
- pl. malignities a malignant act, event, or feeling
Origin of malignityMiddle English malignitee ; from Old French malignité ; from Classical Latin malignitas: see malign
- a. Intense ill will or hatred; great malice.b. An act or a feeling of great malice.
- The condition or quality of being highly dangerous or injurious; deadliness.
(countable and uncountable, plural malignities)