- persistent, intense ill will or desire to harm others; great malice
- the quality of being very harmful or dangerous; malignancy
- pl. malignities a malignant act, event, or feeling
Origin: Middle English malignitee from Old French malignité from Classical Latin malignitas: see malign
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. ma·lig·ni·ties
- a. Intense ill will or hatred; great malice.b. An act or a feeling of great malice.
- The condition or quality of being highly dangerous or injurious; deadliness.