magnification[mag′nə fi kā′s̸hən]
- a magnifying or being magnified
- the power of magnifying
- a magnified image, model, or representation
Origin of magnificationLate Latin magnificatio
- The act of magnifying or the state of being magnified.
- a. The process of enlarging the size of something, as an optical image.b. Something that has been magnified; an enlarged representation, image, or model.
- The ratio of the size of an image to the size of an object.
(usually uncountable, plural magnifications)
- minification (opposite)