- Loll is defined as to lay around in a casual way, or to hang loosely.
- When you lay around casually slumped on the couch, this is an example of when you loll around.
- When a dog's tongue is hanging floppily out of its mouth, this is an example of when it lolls.
- to lean or lounge about in a relaxed or lazy manner
- to hang in a relaxed manner; droop: the dog's tongue lolled out
Origin: Middle English lollen from MD, to mumble, doze, of echoic origin, originally
- loller noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb lolled, loll·ing, lolls verb, intransitive
- To move, stand, or recline in an indolent or relaxed manner.
- To hang or droop laxly: a pennant lolling from the mast.
Origin: Middle English lollen, probably from Middle Dutch, to doze.
- lollˈer noun
- lollˈing·ly adverb