- Loll is defined as to lay around in a casual way, or to hang loosely.
- When you lay around casually slumped on the couch, this is an example of when you loll around.
- When a dog's tongue is hanging floppily out of its mouth, this is an example of when it lolls.
loll definition by Webster's New World
- to lean or lounge about in a relaxed or lazy manner
- to hang in a relaxed manner; droop: the dog's tongue lolled out
Origin: Middle English lollen ; from MD, to mumble, doze, of echoic origin, originally
to let droop or hang loosely
Archaic the act of lolling
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- loller noun
loll definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb lolled, loll·ing, lolls verb, intransitive
- To move, stand, or recline in an indolent or relaxed manner.
- To hang or droop laxly: a pennant lolling from the mast.
To permit to hang or droop laxly: lolled his head on the armrest.noun Archaic
An act or attitude of lolling.
Origin: Middle English lollen, probably from Middle Dutch, to doze.
- lollˈer noun
- lollˈing·ly adverb