A computer program that transfers data from offline memory into internal storage.
- Agent noun of load; a person or device that loads.
- There was only one loader for the truck today so it took him a long time to get everything moved.
- The auto-loader on the gun kept jamming so they did it manually.
- (computing) A program that prepares other programs for execution.
- A tractor with a scoop, for example: bucket loader, front-end loader, wheel loader, etc.
to load + -er
loader - Computer Definition
A program routine that copies a program into memory for execution.