a breed of sheep with long wool: originally from Lincolnshire
1809-65; 16th president of the U.S. (1861-65): assassinated
Origin of Lincolnafter Lincoln capital of Nebr., in the SE part
- A city of eastern England northeast of Nottingham. Located on the site of Roman, Saxon, and Danish settlements, it was first chartered in 1157.x
- The capital of Nebraska, in the southeast part of the state southwest of Omaha. Founded in 1864 as Lancaster, it was renamed when it was chosen as the state capital in 1867.x
Any of a breed of sheep with long wool, developed in Lincolnshire, a county of eastern England.
- Pertaining to Abe Lincoln, as Lincoln Logs.
- A city and the county town of Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
- An English surname.
- Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States during the Civil War.
- A male given name of American usage, originally in honor of Abraham Lincoln.
- A brand of American automobile.
- An English breed of sheep.
- The capital of Nebraska.
- A county in many U.S. states.
- (US, informal) A five-dollar bill.
- (aviation) A high altitude, long range bomber based on the Avro Lancaster.