Origin of lewisprobably ; from the name Lewis
- 1898-1963; Brit. writer, born in Ireland
- 1880-1969; U.S. labor leader
- 1774-1809; Am. explorer: co-leader of the Lewis & Clark expedition (1804-06) to the Northwest
- 1885-1951; U.S. novelist
- 1884-1957; Brit. writer & painter, born in the U.S.
Origin of lewisPerhaps from the name Lewis.
- A male given name of Norman origin, the English form of Louis.
- An English patronymic surname.
- A Welsh surname; anglicized form of Llewellyn.
- The Isle of Lewis, Scotland.
- The title given to a partially apprenticed Freemason who is normally the Master or Son of a practicing Freemason; One practising or learning the degrees of Freemasonry after introduction to the degrees and before full induction or before becoming a Worshipful Brother.