Mixed styles of lettering on a sign.
Lettering is defined as the process of adding letters such as on a sign or the letters that have been written.
An example of lettering is are the large, fancy letters on a sign.
the process of putting letters on something by inscribing, printing, painting, engraving, etc., or the letters so made
- The act, process, or art of forming letters.
- Letters inscribed, as on a sign.
- Present participle of letter.
- The nomenclature or " lettering " of maps is a subject deserving special attention.
- A copper plate having been coated with wax, outline and ornament are cut into the wax, the lettering is impressed with type, and the intaglio thus produced is electrotyped.
- Thus the lettering of the map, having been set up in type, is inked in and transferred to a stone or a zinc-plate, or it is impressed upon transfer-paper and transferred to the stone.
- The enamelled decoration on the lamps is restricted to lettering, scrolls and conventional foliage; on other objects figure-subjects of all descriptions are freely used.
- E., the connexions of the generative organs, lettering as above: o.d., o.d., oviducts; f., fertilizing canal; X 30.