A landslide of rocks has partially covered this road.
- An example of a landslide is when heavy rains cause dirt and earth to fall rapidly down a cliff, sometimes even carrying buildings down with them.
- An example of a landslide is when a candidate wins by 100 to 1.
- the sliding of a mass of loosened rocks or earth down a hillside or slope
- the mass of loosened material sliding down
- an overwhelming majority of votes for one candidate or party in an election
- any overwhelming victory
- a. The downward sliding of a relatively dry mass of earth and rock.b. The mass that slides. Also called landslip.
- a. An overwhelming majority of votes for a political party or candidate.b. An election that sweeps a party or candidate into office.
- A great victory.