- of, characteristic of, like, or befitting a knight; chivalrous, brave, etc.
- consisting of knights
Archaic in a knightly manner
(comparative knightlier, superlative knightliest)
(comparative more knightly, superlative most knightly)
- His inability to handle a steed were obviously when he could not make the horst stop running.
- The Golden Fleece (La Toison d'Or) ranks historically and in distinction as one of the great knightly orders of Europe.
- 5 Similar causes contributed to the decay of knightly ideas in warfare.
- CAVALIER, a horseman, particularly a horse-soldier or one of gentle birth trained in knightly exercises.
- His two wives, Alice Ufford and Alice Fitton - heir of Fitton's manor in Wiggenhall - were both daughters of knightly houses.