- dull yellowish-brown
- made of khaki (cloth)
Origin of khakiHindi kh?k?, dusty, dust-colored ; from Persian kh?k, dust, earth
- a dull yellowish-brown color
- strong, twilled cloth of this color, used esp. for military uniforms
- a khaki uniform or pair of trousers
- A light olive brown to moderate or light yellowish brown.
- a. A sturdy cloth of this color.b. khakis A uniform made of this cloth.c. khakis Pants made of a twilled cotton fabric of this color or another solid color.
Origin of khakiUrdu khak&imacron;, dusty, from Persian, from khak, dust, from Middle Persian.
(comparative more khaki, superlative most khaki)
- Dust-coloured; of the colour of dust.