- a darkened condition of the skin resulting from exposure to the sun or a sunlamp
- a reddish-brown color
- the shirt and trousers of lightweight tan or khaki fabric that make up the summer uniform of some branches of the military
- these trousers; also, similar ones worn by civilians
A darkened coloring of the skin resulting from exposure to the sun.
- In humans a brown or darkened coloration of the skin caused by exposure to ultraviolet light.
(third-person singular simple present suntans, present participle suntanning, simple past and past participle suntanned)
- To obtain a suntan by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- To attempt to obtain a suntan.