ultraviolet[ul′trə vī′ə lit]
- The definition of ultraviolet is relating to electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths shorter than visible light.
An example of something ultraviolet is "ultraviolet light" an electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of up to 400 nanometers.
- Ultraviolet is defined as radiation with wavelengths shorter than visible light.
An example of ultraviolet is a radiation wavelength of up to 400 nanometers.
A pair of ultraviolet lamps.
- pertaining to a band of electromagnetic radiation having wavelengths (from c. 5 to c. 400 nanometers) that are shorter than violet light
- of, pertaining to, or producing radiation of such wavelengths
- Of or relating to electromagnetic radiation between violet visible light and x-rays in the electromagnetic spectrum, having frequencies between 790 terahertz and 30 petahertz and wavelengths between 380 nanometers and 10 nanometers.
- Of or relating to a light bulb that emits ultraviolet radiation.
(comparative more ultraviolet, superlative most ultraviolet)
- of electromagnetic radiation beyond (higher in frequency than) light visible to the human eye; radiation with wavelengths from 380 nanometre - 10 nanometre
- Ultraviolet colour.
ultra- +â€Ž violet
ultraviolet - Computer Definition
An invisible band of radiation at the upper end of the visible light spectrum. With wavelengths from 10 to 400 nm, ultraviolet (UV) starts at the end of visible light and ends at the beginning of X-rays. The primary source of ultraviolet light is the sun, and most of the UV that reaches earth is in the lower-frequency, longer-wavelength Ultraviolet "A" region (see below). Although ultraviolet (UV) light is widely known as a disinfectant, it is also used to erase EPROM chips. After several minutes of exposure to UV light, the chip can be programmed again (see EPROM). Wavelength in Ultraviolet Region Nanometers (nm) Long Wave "A" UVA 315-400 Medium Wave "B" UVB 280-315 Short Wave "C" UVC 100-280 Near NUV 300-400 Middle MUV 200-300 Far FUV 122-200 Vacuum VUV 10-200 Extreme EUV 10-121 Deep DUV Below 300