- pertaining to a band of electromagnetic radiation having wavelengths (from c. 5 to c. 400 nanometers) that are shorter than violet light
- of, pertaining to, or producing radiation of such wavelengths
A pair of ultraviolet lamps.
- The definition of ultraviolet is relating to electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths shorter than visible light.
An example of something ultraviolet is "ultraviolet light" an electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of up to 400 nanometers.
- Ultraviolet is defined as radiation with wavelengths shorter than visible light.
An example of ultraviolet is a radiation wavelength of up to 400 nanometers.
- Of or relating to electromagnetic radiation between violet visible light and x-rays in the electromagnetic spectrum, having frequencies between 790 terahertz and 30 petahertz and wavelengths between 380 nanometers and 10 nanometers.
- Of or relating to a light bulb that emits ultraviolet radiation.
ultraviolet - Computer Definition
(1) See ultraviolet light.
(2) A cloud-based storage locker for licensed content from the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (see DECE). Under the Digital HD brand, purchases of Blu-ray discs with redeemable coupons and purchases of movies and TV shows (not rental) from participating online retailers entitles users to keep their content in the UltraViolet cloud and stream or download it as required. Depending on the retailer's agreement, content might be sharable with friends and family, and parental access can be applied. A physical disc may also be obtainable. See Digital HD, Blu-ray Combo Pack and media locker.