The liquid in these cups has jelled.
- to become or cause to become jelly
- to become or cause to become somewhat firm, as gelatin does; set
- Informal to take or cause to take definite form; crystallize: plans that haven't jelled yet
Origin of jellback-formation ; from jelly
verbjelled, jell·ing, jells
- To become firm or gelatinous; congeal.
- To take shape or become clear; crystallize: A plan of action finally jelled in my mind.
- To cause to become firm or gelatinous: used pectin to jell the jam.
- To cause to take shape; make clear and definite; crystallize.
Origin of jellProbably back-formation from jelly.
(third-person singular simple present jells, present participle jelling, simple past and past participle jelled)
- To gel