- a colloidal form of matter having a jellylike texture, usually formed by cooling a colloidal solution into a solid or semisolid phase
- any of various jellylike preparations used to style hair, clean teeth, etc.
- gelatin ()
Origin of gel; from gelatin
- to form a gel
- Brit. jell (vi.)
- A colloid in which the disperse phase has combined with the dispersion medium to produce a semisolid material, such as a jelly.
- See gelatin.
- A jellylike substance used in styling hair.
verbgelled gelled, gel·ling, gels
To become a gel.
- To apply a gel to (the hair).
- To take shape or become clear: Plans for the project are finally starting to gel.
Origin of gelShort for gelatin. V., sense 2, probably influenced by jell.
This is the currency code used in the ISO 4217 standard.