- a boisterous party or noisy revel
- a gathering or celebration, with planned entertainment
- a national or international assembly of Boy Scouts
Origin of jamboreefrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- A noisy celebration.
- A large assembly, often international, especially of Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.
- A mass gathering or assembly, as of a political party or association.
Origin of jamboreeOrigin unknown
Unknown 19th century American slang. Chosen by Baden-Powell in 1919 for use in Scout Movement.