- Interrogative is defined as something that is questioning or used as a question.
A glance clearly meant to ask someone "what are you thinking?" is an example of an interrogative glance.
- The definition of an interrogative is a word that indicates a question is being asked.
The word "how" is an example of an interrogative.
- asking, or having the form of, a question
- used in a question
Origin of interrogativeLate Latin interrogativus see interrogate
- Asking a question or being of the nature of a question: an interrogative raising of the eyebrows.
- Of, relating to, or being an element or construction used to ask a question: an interrogative adverb; an interrogative particle.
- A word or form used to ask a question.
- A sentence or an expression that asks a question.
From Late Latin interrogativus.