- Present participle of inscribe.
Variant of inscribe
transitive verbinscribed, inscribing
- to write, mark, or engrave (words, symbols, etc.) on some surface
- to write on, mark, or engrave (a surface)
- to add the name of (someone) to a list; enroll
- to dedicate (a book, song, etc.) briefly and informally
- to write a short, signed message in (a book, etc. one is presenting as a gift)
- to fix or impress deeply or lastingly in the mind, memory, etc.
- Geom. to draw (a figure) inside another figure so that their boundaries touch at as many points as possible
Origin of inscribeClassical Latin inscribere: see in- and amp; scribe