indentation definition by Webster's New World
- an indenting or being indented
- a result of indenting; specif.,
- a notch, cut, or inlet on a coastline, etc.
- a dent, or slight hollow
- an indention; space in from a margin
Origin: indent or indent plush -ation
indentation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of indenting.b. The condition of being indented.
- The blank space between a margin and the beginning of an indented line.
- A notch or jagged cut in an edge.
- A recess, as in a border or coastline.
indentation - Cultural Definition
A space left between the left-hand margin of a line of type or handwriting and the beginning of a sentence or quotation. The beginning of a paragraph is usually indented.
indentation - Medical Definition