Inadvertently is defined as something done accidentally or unintentionally.
When you address a letter to the wrong address, this is an example of a situation where you inadvertently make an error.
- He'd already inadvertently caused her enough problems.
- The water is so crystal clear that one inadvertently steps into it.
- Having inadvertently caused the death of King Henry II.
- She was mentally tough but fatigued by the events that occurred since they inadvertently met on a night similar to this one.
- It was enough that he'd inadvertently set her up to be burglarized by two hoods who might have killed her had she been home.