Inadvertently is defined as something done accidentally or unintentionally.
When you address a letter to the wrong address, this is an example of a situation where you inadvertently make an error.
- He'd already inadvertently caused her enough problems.
- She was mentally tough but fatigued by the events that occurred since they inadvertently met on a night similar to this one.
- Having inadvertently caused the death of King Henry II.
- It was enough that he'd inadvertently set her up to be burglarized by two hoods who might have killed her had she been home.
- He'd watched Rhyn and Katie's relationship unfold from its rocky beginning, when Katie inadvertently rescued Rhyn from his sentence in Hell.